Antipatterns: Code first ask questions later
Also Known As
One developer understands the context around a problem and does one of the following:
- Navigates at a low level without discussing context
- Jumps into the driver position and begins coding without discussing context
One mobber understands current context, and sees a way forward. They want to jump into implementation to solve the problem.
Fast movement toward the completion of code for a problem.
- Context is siloed
- Discussion is limited
- Questions are pushed out to the end of the solution
- Focus is on code over understanding
- Other mobbers don’t understand what the team is trying to accomplish
- People disengage
- Problem context becomes siloed
- Driver is unable to move forward without low-level navigation from the one person with a vision